No boost

Michael Brunnschweiler brunch13 at
Thu Aug 14 20:38:02 EDT 2003

First of all, thanks for the suggestions with the "no Power windows work".
It turned out to be cracked/broken wires in the driver door jam.  That's

On to the next problem.  The turbo pressure indication on the dash reads 0.4
at idle which I think is normal but during accel does not go above 0.9bar.
Since the car sat for over a year in the open I'm not sure if a hose is
broken or the spring is stuck.  What are the most likely sources for my lack
of boost?  Could the gauge just be wrong, although it does feel rather
sluggish.  BTW it's a 1990 200TQ 10V.

Any help is appreciated.