pipe cap for pressure tester

Phil Rose pjrose at frontiernet.net
Mon Aug 18 14:44:39 EDT 2003

To construct a manifold pressure tester, a list-recommended
alternative (alternative to Brett's Rubbermaid cup method) is to
modify an end-cap for 3" PVC pipe. However the only 3" cap I can find
is made of very thick rubber ("Quik Cap" brand). It  will fit around
the outside of the intake hose, but I'm skeptical about the intake
hose being rigid enough to take the necessary clamping force. Also,
this cap's very thick rubber doesn't seem to be well-suited for
mounting a Schraeder valve. So, what variety of pipe-cap have people
been successfully using; is there another type (material) of pipe-cap
that is more appropriate than the one I've found?


Phil Rose
Rochester, NY USA
mailto:pjrose at frontiernet.net

More information about the 200q20v mailing list