pipe cap for pressure tester

Peter Schulz peschulz at cisco.com
Mon Aug 18 14:55:20 EDT 2003

At 01:44 PM 8/18/2003 -0400, Phil Rose wrote:
>To construct a manifold pressure tester, a list-recommended
>alternative (alternative to Brett's Rubbermaid cup method) is to
>modify an end-cap for 3" PVC pipe. However the only 3" cap I can find
>is made of very thick rubber ("Quik Cap" brand). It  will fit around
>the outside of the intake hose, but I'm skeptical about the intake
>hose being rigid enough to take the necessary clamping force. Also,
>this cap's very thick rubber doesn't seem to be well-suited for
>mounting a Schraeder valve. So, what variety of pipe-cap have people
>been successfully using; is there another type (material) of pipe-cap
>that is more appropriate than the one I've found?
>Phil Rose
>Rochester, NY USA
>mailto:pjrose at frontiernet.net
>200q20v mailing list
>200q20v at audifans.com


Rubber cap as you indicated but a standard air hose fitting instead of a tire shraeder valve - washer on one side and a NPT thread nut on the other side will trap it in the rubber cap.


Peter Schulz
1990 CQ (awaiting S2 3b engine transplant)
1991 200 20v TQW indigo mica
1991 200 20v TQW titanium grey
Chelmsford, MA USA
peter at audifans.com

More information about the 200q20v mailing list