pipe cap for pressure tester

Matt twentyV matt_20v at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 14:12:12 EDT 2003

Not being able to easily source a 2.5", I used a 2"
with wraps of duct tape till it fit right.
Then some epoxy on the edges to keep the duct tape
from separating from the pressure.  I then used
a valve from a old bike tire poked through a hole
drilled slightly larger than the valve, again using
that 2-part epoxy to seal it in place.

Nothing better than using epoxy AND duct tape on the
same project!

--- Phil Rose <pjrose at frontiernet.net> wrote:
> To construct a manifold pressure tester, a
> list-recommended
> alternative (alternative to Brett's Rubbermaid cup
> method) is to
> modify an end-cap for 3" PVC pipe. However the only
> 3" cap I can find
> is made of very thick rubber ("Quik Cap" brand). It
> will fit around
> the outside of the intake hose, but I'm skeptical
> about the intake
> hose being rigid enough to take the necessary
> clamping force. Also,
> this cap's very thick rubber doesn't seem to be
> well-suited for
> mounting a Schraeder valve. So, what variety of
> pipe-cap have people
> been successfully using; is there another type
> (material) of pipe-cap
> that is more appropriate than the one I've found?
> Phil
> --
> Phil Rose
> Rochester, NY USA
> mailto:pjrose at frontiernet.net
> _______________________________________________
> 200q20v mailing list
> 200q20v at audifans.com
> http://www.audifans.com/mailman/listinfo/200q20v

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software

More information about the 200q20v mailing list