Dash display

John Zimmerman quickdeuce at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 07:40:17 EST 2003

I've misplaced my owners manual and just this weekend had a symbol appear on
my display that I've never seen before.  The symbol is of a round circle
with a small "bump" directly on the top - with a big "X" across it.  I
remember what the LOW oil pressure display looked like and this display
image is not the same( dosen't have the off set journal "bump").  I had
driven only about 1/4 mile from my home and the car had been running perhaps
2 minutes when I heard an audible "BEEP" and saw this symbol in the display.
I glanced at the oil pressure gauge and had plenty of pressure but decided
to immediately pull over and shut the engine off.  Waited a few seconds and
re-started.  It ran about 10 to 15 seconds and kicked out the same "BEEP"
sound and displayed the same circle with the centered bump with an X over
it.  I turned around and took it back the 1/4 mile to my home and parked.
Can anyone look in your manual and tell me what that symbol is ?
Thank you for your help.
John Zimmerman
'90 200 nonQ

Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
FREE McAfee online computer scan!