T44 eurolight connectors

auditude at cox.net auditude at cox.net
Tue Dec 16 16:06:48 EST 2003

Hi Ingo,

Thanks, but hmmm.  The eurolights I'm referring to have a four terminal connector to the outside of the housing.  The connectors to the individual bulbs are within the housing, and wired to the four terminal connector.

I want the stock plug that goes into this external connector, so that all the connections are sealed to the elements per the Audi design for european headlights.

Jeff Goggin had a webpage that mentioned using the proper connectors.

Are others with Type 44 eurolights connecting their harnesses directly to the backs of the bulbs, or are they using the terminals that are part of the housing?

The four terminals are in a square pattern, and one of them is actually wired upside down, or rotated 180 degrees, which I have seen mentioned on the list in the past.


"Ingo D. Rautenberg" <ingo at waratap.com> wrote:
> Ken,
> You should be able to get the old standard connectors as used for individual
> sealed beam headlights at your local Auto Parts store.  I'm guessing $2.99
> ea. including 4-6" wiring.  Same for the high beams (I think).
> Ingo
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: <auditude at cox.net>
> To: <200q20v at audifans.com>; <quattro at audifans.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 3:34 PM
> Subject: T44 eurolight connectors
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to get the OEM connectors that interface with the european
> headlights for a type 44.  Are there any sources for these in the U.S.?
> Would the dealer be able to get them?  Anyone got any part numbers for them?
> >
> > Right now I have standard female blade connectors plugged into the four
> terminals.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ken

More information about the 200q20v mailing list