200q brake hose options

Tom Werner noonan67 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 22 09:17:10 EST 2003

After losing all the brake fluid out of my 200q this weekend due to a rusty
brake line rupturing (see It's a Gusher!!"), I am thinking that now may be
an opportune time to replace my brake hoses.

Rears (215 mm, male and female ends) are no problem at $12 each.  But the
fronts, (250 mm, 2 female ends) are over $40 each.  The question is, is
there a hose combination, including a male to male adapter since most hoses
have one male and one female end, that I can use as a substitute for the
front setup?

I know that on my 80q, I used front lines on the rear, saving $20 or so per
hose, with no ill effects.

Tom Werner

1991 200q (now brake fluid free)
1988 80q
1992 VW Cabriolet

Enjoy the holiday season with great tips from MSN.