Euro Light Gremlins

Djdawson2 at Djdawson2 at
Tue Dec 30 13:06:45 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/29/03 6:03:35 AM Mountain Standard Time,
IRautenberg at writes:

> I know the connectors on a sealed beam bulb are not the same as when
> hooking
> up an H4.  So you're saying the ground/ high beam and low beam locations are
> different in a 9003 vs. H4?

That's what I believe to be true.  Unfortunately, I don't have an 9003 to
experiment with.  This would also explain decreased performance.  You can ground
any terminal of the 3, add hot to the other 2 (one at a time), and still get
light.  However, you can only ground 1 of the terminals, and get full
brightness out of each of the 2 other posts.  I believe the ground is different on the
9003, resulting in feedback to his relays.

Mike, let us know if the problem goes away when you change bulbs.
Dave in CO