Euro Light Gremlins

Ingo Rautenberg IRautenberg at
Wed Dec 31 12:43:57 EST 2003

I really have to disagree here.  They are for all intents and purposes the same.  Osram/ Sylvania say so.  I think Mike has some type of wiring/ grounding problem.  Mike, let us know what you find.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Djdawson2 at
  To: ingo at ; mdeltergo at ; mikemilr at
  Cc: 200q20v at
  Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 1:04 PM
  Subject: Re: Euro Light Gremlins

  In a message dated 12/29/03 6:03:35 AM Mountain Standard Time, IRautenberg at writes:

    I know the connectors on a sealed beam bulb are not the same as when hooking
    up an H4.  So you're saying the ground/ high beam and low beam locations are
    different in a 9003 vs. H4?

  That's what I believe to be true.  Unfortunately, I don't have an 9003 to experiment with.  This would also explain decreased performance.  You can ground any terminal of the 3, add hot to the other 2 (one at a time), and still get light.  However, you can only ground 1 of the terminals, and get full brightness out of each of the 2 other posts.  I believe the ground is different on the 9003, resulting in feedback to his relays.

  Mike, let us know if the problem goes away when you change bulbs.
  Dave in CO

  Checked by AVG anti-virus system (