Bose System Power Relay Location

Carol, Dave, and Zach Weiss cdzweiss at
Sun Dec 14 00:14:52 EST 2003

Good detective work.  I don't see anything like that in the diagram.
You've got the right idea-when it comes to wiring, the diagram is a good
place to start.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ingo Rautenberg [mailto:IRautenberg at]
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 9:50 PM
To: 200q20V list; V8 List; Carol, Dave, and Zach Weiss
Subject: Re: Bose System Power Relay Location

No need.  Yes, I'd found it in the meantime and found something else
that is interesting (thanks for pointing out where it is in the manual,
Dave).  After removing the relay and hooking up the voltmeter, it would
still show 11.5+ volts (even with battery disconnected).  So I knew
there had to be a capacitor somewhere -- and there is (was):  The free
area of the Distribution adaptors at the bottom of the footwell
auxiliary relay housing.  No mention in ETKA of the part number (not
known), but it's a choke (PN# 443 903 547 A) with attached capacitor
that is attached to a red three-prong plug and has three wires going to
it:  Red w/orange stripe, red w/ black stripe and brown.  If I plugged
in a Bose speaker amp, it would drain the capacitor.  If not, the
capacitor would hold it's charge.  As to whether the capacitor is used
for anything else, I don't know.  If I'm reading the unit correctly,
it's rated at 12 A (max 20 A / 2min).  Wonder if it's also use din the