91 200 Avant clutch pedal

Peter Schulz peschulz at cisco.com
Mon Feb 10 13:36:12 EST 2003

At 05:26 PM 2/10/2003 +0000, Mike Del Tergo wrote:
>Question for the BTDT on this car.  Symptom is certainly similar to, but not
>exactly like alot of my other Q's.
>130K, Pedal effort is on the high side, clutch catches at the bottom and
>pedal does not come all the way back up, by about an inch.  (clutch pedal
>was replaced after breaking a few years back) Clutch master and slave have
>been done by P.O. and I have bled the system to no avail. IME, when both
>cylinders are done action is usually butter smooth.  Clutch engagement seems
>very positive, ie., no slipping.  Ideas?

My Indigo Mica Avant had high clutch pedal effort- turned out to be due to stiff fingers on the pressure plate and worn clutch internals.
that high effort may have contributed to the pedal breakage - the previous owner may never have addressed the real root cause of the stiff clutch.

Peter Schulz
1990 CQ
1991 200 20v TQW indigo mica
1991 200 20v TQW titanium grey