Anyone Thought about doing a Mass Clutch Kit purchase?

TM t44tq at
Fri Feb 14 00:07:50 EST 2003

The biggest concern that I have with regard to clutches is that
a higher clamping force clutch may cause premature wear on the
throwout bearing. The other thing to be concerned about is
transmission damage- in an extreme case, if you put a very high
clamping force clutch in the car, you will then have gearbox failures
at a much higher rate as Audi has used the clutch as a driveline fuse,
much cheaper than transmissions.

Sachs supposedly makes/made a sport clutch for our cars, although I
do not have a part number handy. They also make a sintered race
clutch that I've heard bad things about w/ regard to durability for
street use.

Some S-car guys are talking about a company called SPEC, but I don't
have any idea who this company is or where they are located.