humming sound

Vincenzo Basile Bleaf1 at
Mon Feb 24 21:05:35 EST 2003

Hi list
MY car is making an annoying humming sound when I am on the gas at a modera=
te speed,but goes away under hard acceleration,while my clutch is starting =
to slip under high boost I do not think this hum is coming from my throw ou=
t bearing(but not sure).I had a mechanic friend in the car and he thinks th=
e sound is coming from a bad turbo bearing,what I'm wondering is how can my=
 boost still reach 1.8 and how do I check if it is the turbo.