Stock headlights

Phil Rose pjrose at
Thu Jan 2 11:11:57 EST 2003

At 10:15 AM -0500 1/2/03, Joshua C wrote:
>Happy New Year!  for my new year someone was nice enough to back into my car
>and crunch a headlight (of course they just took off)... now I need another,
>does anyone have any idea what the stock lights run and if they are sold in
>pairs or seperatly?  I am asking b/c I am contemplating filing an ins claim
>and putting it towards euros.. but if it's not worth it.

I believe the dealer list price for stock (DOT) headlights are
somewhere in the vicinity of $700-800 per set. So yes, if you could
get reimbursed for one DOT headlight it would go a long way towards
financing a complete set of discount-priced euros.

P.S. Good, used DOT headlights have been going for $100 (or higher)/each.

Phil Rose
Rochester, NY
mailto:pjrose at