Intermittent P/S

Phil Rose pjrose at
Fri Jan 10 11:11:04 EST 2003

>At 9:00 AM -0500 1/10/03, Joshua C wrote:
>I have never been inside the PS pump

If you do go, be sure to take Raquel Welch along (you're probably too
young to "get" that.) :-)

>  but I would belive that it is possible
>to cause foaming of the pentosin withouth a leak.  It would be through
>cavitation, it is like when a motor boat has a bad prop, you get foam,
>bubbles etc..but reduced power.

Yeh, I wondered about that possibility too, but I suspect that the
properties of hydraulic fluid (viscosity, surface tension, etc)
greatly reduce that possibility, although I don't really know. I
think an air leak on the low-pressure side of the pump is more likely.

Phil Rose
Rochester, NY
mailto:pjrose at