Automatic After Run System???

Jobe Tichy bimmer_dude at
Wed Jul 2 23:35:12 EDT 2003

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

I drove a  Porsche 944 turbo lately.  Great car.

Anyway, one thing about the car that I really, really liked was that when you
shut the ignition off, the coolant after-run system automatically came on for
a determined about of time.  It was just like our system, but that there was
no need to wait for the coolant to reach a certain temp or need for any
temperature-related switching to activate the system.  It was really
sweet...turn car off...pump turned on for what was a few minutes maybe.

So, I am curious to see if anyone has rigged our Audi after run systems to run in
a similar manner.  I am wondering if the Porsche after run relay is different
and maybe that it could be plugged into our relay system and operate in a
similar fashion.  Or, is there any jumpering of our relay that could make this
happen.  Any one try this or been able to create something similar?  I think
it would be a great alternative to have the turbo cooled immediately after the motor
is killed, rather than what the system currently has.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 [1] and get 2 months FREE*