a flickering check-engine light

Ingo D. Rautenberg ingo at waratap.com
Tue Jul 8 13:45:09 EDT 2003

Just a stab, but had the check engine light on constantly on the v8 I picked
up in Cali a few months back.  Scott J. spotted the culprit --ended up being
a knock sensor's wiring grounding out where the sheathing had crumbled away
due to heat/age.  May be worth looking into.  BTW, I didn't replace said
sensor, instead wrapping electrical tape and that black flexible conduit for
wiring looms instead.  No more check engine light and at least 50 more

'91 200q20v...Slightly modified
'84 Tornado Red Urquattro
'90 v8 quattro (again)
'91 v8 quattro 5-Speed (not exactly stock) :-)