engine is bucking when a/c is on

Gordy_Schesel at allianzlife.com Gordy_Schesel at allianzlife.com
Thu Jul 17 12:43:11 EDT 2003

I like your usage of the term "misfire" better than my "bucking" and I
think you're right-on with your diagnosis...thanks.  And maybe Bernie will
volunteer to supply the 10 cent solution...or was this a good natured dig
on Bernie.

                    Kneale Brownson
                    <knotnook at traver       To:     Gordy_Schesel at allianzlife.com,
                    se.com>                 200q20v at audifans.com
                    Sent by:               cc:
                    200q20v-admin at au       Subject:     Re: engine is bucking when a/c is on

                    07/16/2003 01:52

At 12:24 PM 07/16/2003 -0500, Gordy_Schesel at allianzlife.com wrote:
>... Engine bucking occurs only once in a while in the higher gears but
only when the
>a/c system is operating...

There is a known problem of the magnetic clutch on the A/C causing a shock
to the ECU.  It's described on Scott Mockry's
website:  http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/   A frequent additional symptom of
this problem is that the radio makes a "pop" noise (if it's turned on) at
the same time the engine coughs.    Bernie Benz has a 10-cent fix that
involves soldering something onto the A/C relay.  Audi's fix is $150 for a
revised relay and an insert into the wiring harness to the A/C clutch that
adds a diode to the wiring.

200q20v mailing list
200q20v at audifans.com