Brake warning/pads

DAK dak at
Mon Jul 28 11:49:50 EDT 2003

I just went through this. On mine, the light was coming on (along with
some other warnings. The classic "bad solder connections" in the
instrument cluster. I had mine out 3 nights in a row and finally got it.
If you pull the IC, you can test a pin on the brown 26 pin connector
(pin 10) to check for continuity with ground. I think mine had about 2
ohms resistance. That wire runs to both brake pads, then to ground. I
ended up tracing the circuit path through the PC board, all the way to a
big 68 pin chip. I re-flowed each solder connection on the way (and most
others on that board also!).