Hydraulic Pump Rebuild

alan cordeiro alancordeiro at comcast.net
Tue Jun 10 07:31:58 EDT 2003

I built a "Phillips" draglink socket seven or eight years ago
using a concrete bit from the hardware superstore.
It had a "cross" on the end, I ground the business end to
match the shape of the "X"s on the pump.

My method was to soak the "X" caps in penetrating fluid
for a few hours, put the TOOL in a large vice, and
hold the pump in my hand against the tool and turn it.