Bleeding clutch slave

Steven Hauptmann hauptmanns at
Tue Jun 10 11:50:24 EDT 2003

Not sure on the pressure bleeder but the slave cyl is pretty easy to access
from the top.

I attached a piece of clear tubing on the valve so it would drain into a jar
and loosened/tightened the bleeder valve with a box end wrench(10mm I
I put the wife to work by having her pump the clutch for me. She does a good
job and drinks less beer than my friends when they come over to help. =)

Steve Hauptmann
South Carolina

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Pierce [mailto:cpcycle at]
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 10:52 PM
To: 200 list
Subject: Bleeding clutch slave

stupid question # 2 for the day:
What is the easiest way to get the slave cyl. to bleed it.
I found it on top of the trans., but how do you get your hand on it to
apply enough force to break it loose to bleed the system.
I have a pressure bleeder and  I am working in the driveway.
91 200 tq 20v Avant  Very slowly getting sorted out

200q20v mailing list
200q20v at