Alignment: Impossible with H&R springs?

Steven Hauptmann hauptmanns at
Wed Jun 11 16:31:30 EDT 2003

>I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but I feel your take on springs
> which lower the car is overly bleak.

<<Bleak does not equaate to factual.  Mind is made up, don't confuse with

What? I have no idea what you are talking about Bernie. Mind is made up??

> I have the H&R's, which lowered the car, but I'm aware of no bumpsteer
> problem.
<<Awareness is not a factor in reality.>>

I should have been more clear Bernie. My question was how can bumpsteer be a
PROBLEM if you can't feel it. I was not saying that it does not exist.

> By switching to H&R's and Bilsteins, I had hoped to stiffen the ole girl
> a bit, lose the boat feeling, improve the handling, and get a more
> direct/connected to the road feeling. That's exactly what happened.

<<Meaning that the seat of the pants feels better sitting on a thin

Hahaha, you crack me up.

<<To eliminate bump steer and "stiffen the ole girl up" while lowering as
as you wish, as well as hiding the 2B camber plate induced problems, replace
the springs with approperate lengths of 4" pipe.>>

Hahaha, Bernie's on a roll.

Steve Hauptmann
South Carolina