Alignment: Impossible with H&R springs?

Eric_R_Kissell at Eric_R_Kissell at
Thu Jun 12 11:22:54 EDT 2003

Steven Hauptmann <hauptmanns at> wrote:
>I was surprised to hear that you had a bumpsteer problem after
>lowering your GTI.  My choosing the H&R's for the '91 200q was based
>largely on my positive experience with H&R's on my GTI. I've had them >on
the GTI for about 8 years and feel they have been virtually without

Have you always lived and driven in South Carolina?

My experience in Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan with that GTI was that the
suspension ran out of travel too frequently and the car was too low for
many situations.

As we say, YMMV  :-)