Timing belt preperation

joe smith mtnbikguy2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 08:55:27 EST 2003

I'm going to be doing my T-belt in the next couple of
weeks. I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy, but
I'm not (arguably) an idiot. I've bought all the parts
(belt, WP, cam and crank oil seals, idler pulley) and
have access to the 2 special tools (crank holder and
crank pulley wrench) and a cheater bar. My questions
1) Do I need any other special tools?
2) Should I change the oil seals if they are not
3) I’ve heard that the key way on the cam and crank
pulley could cause issues - any insight?
4) The only reason to remove the cam pulley is to
change the oil seal (right?) - any tips on removing
5) Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

91-200TQ sedan

Do you Yahoo!?