Timing belt preperation

Richard Tanimura Richard at Tanimuras.com
Thu Mar 13 19:54:13 EST 2003

I am going to attempt the same thing in a few weeks. "No please, after
you!!" My big problem is how to get my scrawny 155 lb body to apply enough
torque to get the BIG bolt off. Please keep us informed. If you should fall
on the way to glory, those of us who follow will honor your memory :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-admin at audifans.com [mailto:200q20v-admin at audifans.com]On
Behalf Of joe smith
Sent: den 13 mars 2003 17:55
To: 200q20v
Subject: Timing belt preperation

I'm going to be doing my T-belt in the next couple of
weeks. I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy, but
I'm not (arguably) an idiot. I've bought all the parts
(belt, WP, cam and crank oil seals, idler pulley) and
have access to the 2 special tools (crank holder and
crank pulley wrench) and a cheater bar. My questions
1) Do I need any other special tools?
2) Should I change the oil seals if they are not
3) Ive heard that the key way on the cam and crank
pulley could cause issues - any insight?
4) The only reason to remove the cam pulley is to
change the oil seal (right?) - any tips on removing
5) Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

91-200TQ sedan

Do you Yahoo!?
200q20v at audifans.com