Timing belt preperation

Phil Rose pjrose at frontiernet.net
Thu Mar 13 14:29:34 EST 2003

At 10:21 AM -0800 3/13/03, Bernie Benz wrote:
>  > From: joe smith <mtnbikguy2002 at yahoo.com>
>  >
>>  I'm going to be doing my T-belt in the next couple of
>  > weeks.

>Keep track of TDC.  Loosen the crank and cam bolts before removing the TB
>such that you do not loose relative timing between cams and crank.
>The R&R is a real jig saw puzzle of trial and error as to what goes on first
>and relative tightining order.

>  >
>>  Thanks,
>>  Joe
>>  91-200TQ sedan
>  > 101K

>A pretty low mileage to be changing a TB, IMO, if WP and idler bearing are

You must be assuming that Joe is planning the _second_ TB change on
his 101Kmile Audi, right? Surely even _you_ wouldn't consider a 101
kmile *interval* as being "a pretty low mileage" for the very first
TB service...would you?

And a question for Joe: Is this going to be the 1st or the 2nd TB
service on your car? If the latter, I'd tend to agree with Bernie.

Phil Rose				Rochester, NY USA
'91 200q	(135 Kmiles, Lago blue)
'91 200q   (58 Kmiles, Tornado red)
	mailto:pjrose at frontiernet.net