locktited pulley

Brett Dikeman brett at cloud9.net
Fri Mar 14 09:24:19 EST 2003

So apparently the last guy to do the t-belt on my car -loctited- the
harmonic balancer onto the t-belt pulley.  In trying to get it off,
they dinged up the t-belt pulley, so that's been holding up the
operation; had to special order a new one from the dealer.  Life goes

Turns out there were three leaks.

a)rear of the transmission, as I thought.  They're going to check/top
off the tranny for now, and it'll be my fun job to deal with it
later.  They were really amused by the carriage bolt stuck in the
filler plug("Some #$@! didn't have the right tool and..."  "Yeah
yeah.  That was me.  I forgot to pull it off after it broke...")

b)valve cover(noticed it, thought it was a trickle, but according to
Eli, "It's pretty sizeable, and we don't really know what's involved
to get in there..."  Reassured him it was a 'weekend project' for me,
I'd take care of it, other listers had said it wasn't hard, etc.
That does explain the puddle that I thought was the Fumoto
valve(well, the fumoto leaks too, another story, another time.)

c)hydraulic reseroir(bottom connection); good thing, because that
means the hydraulic leak isn't a hose or rack.

So, looks like I have my job(s) cut out for me this spring, along
with the leaking oil pressure sender...