Valve seal replacement

Steven Hauptmann hauptmanns at MAIL.LLR.STATE.SC.US
Thu Mar 20 14:14:11 EST 2003

I would much rather use air than taking the time to stuff in a rope(times

<<few bucks on an adaptor.>>
The few bucks is the easy part.  It's the air compressor I don't have that's
presents problem.

Hmmm, how much pressure is needed to keep the valve up?  Wonder if a
portable air tank would suffice??

Steve Hauptmann
South Carolina

-----Original Message-----
From: DasWolfen at [mailto:DasWolfen at]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 1:40 PM
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Re: Valve seal replacement

In a message dated 3/20/03 10:51:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
v8q at writes:

> Air pressure

As Dave stated, air pressure is the normal way. I use hose adaptor section
from my Craftsman compression guage. You could also use a rope in the
cylinder if you didnt want to spend a few bucks on an adaptor.

Keith T
200q20v mailing list
200q20v at