Metal distributor gear

Brian Link BrianL at
Mon Mar 24 10:23:19 EST 2003

I helped my friend do his.  It was 1.5 - 2 hours.  Pull off the cap,
mark the rotor position on the distributor.  Pull it swap gears
reinstall.  If you are doing yours on an engine stand it will be very

I want to know what the best way to remove the anti-tamper cover is.
Anyone?  Cause I'm going to do mine in a couple of weeks.

Thanks to those who replied...but nobody answered my question.  My
 is this:

How tough is it to install?  Is it a 1 hour job? 6 hour?  Is it worth
the t=
ime and hassle vs plunking down the extra cash and just buying a new

I'm not looking for a set of instructions or a gear or anything
else--just =
want to know how tough the procedure is.  If somebody who has installed
 gear can take a second and let me know I'd be grateful.

Thanks very much-