What is this?

Kneale Brownson knotnook at traverse.com
Sat May 3 11:47:03 EDT 2003

Ah, yes, I remember the rubber trim pieces for the covers now.  I took them
off the covers to have all the rusty metal sandblasted and painted.  Put
them back on, too, of course, but had forgotten about the circular one.

At 09:25 AM 05/03/2003 -0400, QSHIPQ at aol.com wrote:
> From the looks of the pic, I would guess that to be the trim piece that
> sits on the back of the rear timing belt cover.  Specifically I believe
> that piece actually surrounds the opening of the water pump in the back
> cover.  I'm with the thinking that this has nothing to do with your oil
> leak.  As a rule v "gaskets" are trim only, and are only for helping keep
> the elements out of a specific area on the engine and to prevent
> vibration noises.

More information about the 200q20v mailing list