Steer clear of Frams

Brett Dikeman brett at
Mon May 19 16:44:51 EDT 2003

Many of us on the main list have said this 'till we are blue in the
face, but people just never learn- another lister lost his
turbo-conversion 90 to a Fram filter.

The minuscule element is held together at top and bottom with
cardboard, and the filters usually lack BOTH a bypass valve and the
checkback valve, both of which are a requirement.  He's not the first
to have the filter collapse on him and munch an engine- so far two
other listers on the main list have echoed "happened to me too".

Mahle, Mann, Mobil 1- all are fine filters and have the features
necessary to keep your engine happy.  Fram filters are orange for a
reason- it means DANGER, DO NOT USE.