Radiator Follow up

Paul Luevano paul at clarity.net
Wed May 21 20:42:38 EDT 2003

Bernie Benz wrote:
> Before you spring for a new one, try this:  With a pair of gas pliers, try
> rolling the aluminum tabs that are crimped over the plastic end header
> tighter over the header, one at a time.  You should be able to do this in
> situ on the top tank.  There is a rubber gasket between the two and you may
> be able to establish enough additional squeeze on this gasket to go another
> 10 years.  BTDT on an IC.  DFI if IAB!

Cool, thanks for the suggestion.  Now for a stupid question.  What are gas
pliers, and where can I get some?  If I can get it to seal up for a bit longer,
that would be spiffy.

Here is the area of the problem:

And a close up:

So far, it sounds like the metal radiator is the way to go if this one is a

Paul Luevano            |   AMA * MSF   |'99 CBR 600F4  (Racebike)
http://teamdaemon.com   | USM * CCS #898|'97 CBR 1100XX (Streetbike)
Waltham, MA USA         |  NMA #116657  |'91 200TQ20V   (Winter)
_____"The purpose of man is to live, not to exist."-Jack London_____