Insurance claims (was re. Pics of the accident)

Mike Miller mikemilr at
Mon May 26 09:27:05 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "ben swann" <benswann at>
To: <mikemilr at>; <200q20v at>
Cc: <ken.gorman at>; <quattro at>
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 10:06 PM
Subject: Insurance claims (was re. Pics of the accident)

> Mike,
> Play harder and hold your ground.  Have the insurance company locate
> you a comparable vehicle within driving distance.  Do some surfin' on
> the net to locate vehicles that would be a suitable substitute and send
> them this info, especially if it helps.  Have them provide a guarantee
> that the replacement car won't need brakes, transmission, etc. shortly
> after you buy it.

Thanks for the positive write up and ideas. I like the idea about asking the
ins co. to provide a guarantee as to the replacement vehicles condition.

As I live about 80 miles from anything, it is going to be hard for them to
find any comps in my immediate area. I think that Missoula area has 4 or 5
91 200's total. It is very rare for me to see one on the road.