No subject

Thu Nov 20 15:09:11 EST 2003

the older ones were just oil "cooled" (if you can call it that). The newer
ones housed a water jacket with greatly improved the life of the turbo.

Hope this helps a little.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vztante at [mailto:Vztante at]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 4:31 PM
To: 200q20v at
Subject: [200q20v] What difference should the 5000's turbo make?

I'm looking at a highly modified 200tq which has the turbo from a 5000.
Should this be a red flag? I'm assuming that it has a lot more mileage than
the engine. Other than that, are the 2 turbos basically the same?  What
difference should I expect in performance?

The car has an AI stage 3 chip. Would it be misprogrammed for this turbo?

200q20v mailing list
200q20v at

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged.
If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you
prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information
contained herein.  Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return

Thank you for your cooperation.