Making Boost, but down on Power

Ned Ritchie N at
Thu Nov 20 19:12:53 EST 2003

During the boot up the computer does a checksum.  If the car starts.
The program should be intact.

Staff at

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-bounces at [mailto:200q20v-bounces at]
On Behalf Of Tom Daily
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 4:14 AM
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Making Boost, but down on Power

Below is an e-mail I sent to Ned Ritchie the other day & have not heard
back yet. Any opinions on what might be the problem? I guess I should do
a compression check (?)

Hi Ned:
You've helped me before, I have a '91 Stage 3 modified TQ that you did
through Kevin of Randolph Racing.

Car runs fine, makes 19lbs. boost (manual boost gauge), but it is down
on power--was 286HP on the G-Tech right after you modified it (had 70K
miles then) now 195HP on the G-Tech with 113K miles. Have replaced all
the usual suspects in valves, hoses, etc.

Is it possible that your programming somehow got corrupted?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tom Daily
Boston, MA