Hard starting, white smoke and dying on deceleration

Chris Payne cbpldc at AudiFan.com
Wed Nov 26 16:22:06 EST 2003

But the fan runs just fine.  I'll throw a TT unit in and see what it does for me.

--- Brett Dikeman <brett at cloud9.net> wrote:
>I've got a '91 200 Avant.  When I bought the car it always started
>hard, but as of late, it has been dying after running a while when
>you come to a stop.

Bad turbo bypass valve, or the line to the valve is shot.

>On a side note, the fuse that runs to the Rad fan had a massive
>blowout and gave my buddy second degree burns on his arm while he
>was under the hood.  Could this be a symptom, culprit, or completely
>different issue?

If the fan was seized and the car overheated and blew the head
gasket, yeah,  I guess...maybe...

One thing at a time- fix the TBV.

200q20v at audifans.com

Do you drive an Audi and Love it ?