O2 sensor breakin?

Mike Del Tergo mdeltergo at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 30 11:17:17 EST 2003

I just swapped out my O2 sensor after having a bout of poor mileage (23 100%
highway) and pulling codes (confirmed O2 probalem).  I had replaced it 5
months back with a general tune up, but after I replaced all vacuum lines
and other gremlins, I assume I fouled it.  IN went the new and my mileage
barely went up .5 MPG, again all highway.  Is there a breakin period for
O2's?  My first tank or 2 with the car I did get 27+.  I also get 27 on my
other avant wth twice the total miles.  No mods etc, same gas.  Oil smells
more like gas than I would like and oil consumption was up a bit.  I assume
I was/am running somewhat rich and cutting the oil a bit with too much gas,
Any BTDT's welcome.

Set yourself up for fun at home!  Get tips on home entertainment equipment,
video game reviews, and more here.