Racing an Audi, new venue?

Brandon Hull Hull at
Thu Sep 4 11:19:18 EDT 2003

The lack of any racing venue for Audi was a big reason I retired the
e//S2 from track duty: I wanted to go racing to building a dedicated
track car which was ineligible to race was pointless.  Now along comes
the German Touring Sedan Challenge, sponsored by NASA.  So far it is just Porsche vs. BMW.  The
classes are designed to include cars already prepared to PCA or BMWCCA
rulebooks.  However, there is a free wheeling classification philosophy
that I think could be expanded to include Audis.  I have read threads by
the organizers that lead me to believe they'd be open to audi
participation.  So, those of you building track cars: it might be worth
pinging these guys to try and get some rules guidelines.

I would _love_ to see some S2s on US tracks.  I felt like I did well
with the eS2 at DEs vs. M3s and 944turbos, and it would be great to see
some Audis in the GTS venue...

Brandon Hull
911SC #77 G