Dies after hot start repeatedly

Steve Scalmanini sscalmanini at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 21:39:25 EDT 2003

I'm having this problem again some days, some not (TODAY!!*#%^).
It idles fine after I hold it above idle with the pedal for about
30-60 seconds after a hot start.  Until then, dies repeatedly if
I let off the pedal long enough for it to return to idle.

I replaced the fuel pump a year or so ago with the smaller-diameter
dealer model (VDO?) with (assumedly) the built-in pressure valve.
Could this symptom be due to something other than that valve dying?
Has anyone with their newer style pump had this happen?

Ukiah, CA

Do you Yahoo!?