Steven Hauptmann hauptmanns at
Wed Sep 17 17:47:42 EDT 2003

FWIW, I experienced no change in performance (seat of the pants) or fuel
mileage when I switched from an 87C to 80C, nor did I notice any change when
I switched back to the 87C t-stat. I ran the 80C t-stat for about 2-3 years.

I did however notice an improvement in heater performance after switching
back to the 87C t-stat.

Steve Hauptmann
South Carolina