Strange Beeeeeeeeeep

TM t44tq at
Sun Apr 11 00:14:58 EDT 2004

Sounds like the alarm went off. This usually happens when the battery
is very low and the electrical system starts going nuts.

I've BTDT the last several months with my battery discharging from
sitting too long.

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-bounces at [mailto:200q20v-bounces at]
On Behalf Of Greg Johnson
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 8:30 PM
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Strange Beeeeeeeeeep

Got in the car ('91 200-20v) to come home tonight.  Turned the key to
start the engine, it reluctantlystarted, but I could not hear it because

of this shrieking beeeeeeeep that was coming from the dash somewhere.
The check engine light went out but the "OK" light stayed lit, but it
did not give me any kind of message.  I shut the car off; let it sit for

a moment; and fired it back up.  No beeeeeeeeep, and everything was
completely normal.

I checked the oil and water.  They are fine.

OK I give up.   What was this about?

Greg J

200q20v mailing list
200q20v at