Catalytic converter location in 3B ES/2 conversion

Brett Dikeman brett at
Fri Apr 23 13:50:13 EDT 2004

At 5:46 PM -0700 4/22/04, Bernie Benz wrote:

>Bigger is better?  No good reason for 3" piping for a 2.2L engine.  Stick
>with the stock stuff, which is adequate for a larger displacement engine.

The stock system is fine for an unmodified car and acceptable for
chipped cars; as Chris Miller pointed out to me a while back, it's
the identical system used on the V8.  In the case of the eS2, nothing
"stock" is going to fit anyway, so If you're doing something custom,
it might as well be a single 3".