Valve cover gasket replacement question/MA state emissions ?

Joshua C smuckycat at
Wed Apr 28 23:06:16 EDT 2004

I need to change my valve cover gasket and looking at the job it appears I 
need to remove the throtle body, meaning I need to get a new IM to throtle 
body gasket.  Does anyone know the part ?

Also Mass residents, I seem to remember some talk a while back about failing 
MA emissions ( I did HC at idle), I don't recall seeing the resolution, I 
thought my car was running normally, all the usual tune up items were in 
good condition.  Were the cats bad?  I have seen stories in the paper 
recently regarding problems with the test method..but that doesn't change 
the enforcement policies or the fact that I now have to use a company 
vehicle to access my vehicles allowed entrance with a reject 
sticker (found that out 6am on Monday).

Joshua Cummings
Woods Hole, MA
91 200 Avant

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar – FREE!

More information about the 200q20v mailing list