Valve cover gasket replacement question/MA state emissions ?

Peter Schulz pcschulz at
Thu Apr 29 00:10:28 EDT 2004


you are correct in that you need to remove the TB from the IM ( 4 allen 
bolts) to be able to access the rear allen bolts on the valve cover...

On both my wagons, the paper gasket stayed intact so I just reused it upon 


At 11:06 PM 4/28/2004, Joshua C wrote:
>I need to change my valve cover gasket and looking at the job it appears I 
>need to remove the throtle body, meaning I need to get a new IM to throtle 
>body gasket.  Does anyone know the part ?
>Also Mass residents, I seem to remember some talk a while back about 
>failing MA emissions ( I did HC at idle), I don't recall seeing the 
>resolution, I thought my car was running normally, all the usual tune up 
>items were in good condition.  Were the cats bad?  I have seen stories in 
>the paper recently regarding problems with the test method..but that 
>doesn't change the enforcement policies or the fact that I now have to use 
>a company vehicle to access my vehicles allowed entrance with a 
>reject sticker (found that out 6am on Monday).
>Joshua Cummings
>Woods Hole, MA
>91 200 Avant
>Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar ­ FREE! 
>200q20v mailing list
>200q20v at

Peter Schulz
1990 CQ (perpetually awaiting S2 3b engine transplant)
1991 200 20v TQW indigo mica
1991 200 20v TQW titanium grey
Chelmsford, MA USA
peter at  

More information about the 200q20v mailing list