SuffolkD at SuffolkD at
Wed Aug 25 00:06:17 EDT 2004

"Oh, the myth of (unreasonabe) expectations!  It'll last forever, following
my suggestions."
My 4000Q came close in the real world: 400K .
I got it at 78K so I can't claim original.
HOWEVER, the 200 20V is the first clutch I ever replaced.  I nursed the
whirring for 20K, but the vibration lasted a few weeks.
The LAST vibration was a shift from 4th to 5th.  Then it WOULD NOT disengage.
That's RIGHT..... 25 MPH into a RED traffic light at the end fo the off ramp
25 miles later.

Here's my suggestion.
Buy a Sachs kit ~$300
Find a knowledgable guy who will do it for around $700  I'll suggest one in
When the car craps out..............tow from there ONLY.
Don't try every angle on getting a few more miles closer to home. Here's why:

Sure I made it into 3rd on a downhill from a gas station, then quick shift
into 4th for 105 miles on the highway NON stop......thru (Ez pass) tolls
Now that mines fixed (properly), its come to light that I WORE OUT THE
Synchro "coaxing" the shifter into third getting the car rolling.
Now its 2nd to 4th shifts or tear it down again to get into the gear

BTW:  Sure, I can match the engine speed and road speed to non clutch into
Just not that "Streetable"
-Scott by BOSTON