fuel drain behind right front fender?

C1J1Miller at aol.com C1J1Miller at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 17:23:05 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/16/04 4:23:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
From: "Henry A Harper III"  <hah at alumni.rice.edu>
Subject: RE: fuel drain behind right front  fender?
To: <RicebalLDR at aol.com>
Cc:  200q20v at audifans.com

>     Hi, I have what  appears to be old stale fuel coming out of a drain
> located behind the  right front inner fender liner behind right
> front tire, Car is a
>  daily driver and an avant. Anyone know anything about this. Stain
> on  floor is
> about 15 inches. Drain tube is about 3/8" dia. It is wet but  not
> dripping.............Richard F  1991 200-20v avant

There  isn't *supposed* to be a fuel drain there...it's right under the fuel
filter,  how are the hoses and connections around that area? Why do you say
it appears  to be old stale fuel?

I think that _is_ where the charcoal canister is found (passenger's side
fender well behind the liner).  Did you overfill the tank, and force fuel  into
the  canister?

Chris  Miller, Bolton MA USA, c1j1miller at aol.com
'91 200q20v ==>  http://members.aol.com/c1j1miller/index.html