fuel drain behind right front fender?

C1J1Miller at aol.com C1J1Miller at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 09:39:29 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/16/04 9:47:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, RicebalLDR

In a message dated 12/16/2004 17:22:55 Eastern Standard Time, C1J1Miller

I think that _is_ where the charcoal canister is found  (passenger's side
fender well behind the liner).  Did you overfill the  tank, and force fuel into
the canister?

No, Chris, I parked the car in the garage and had a fuel smell the next
morning. The car was filled 4 days earlier, driven to LaGuardia Airport( 90
miles). It sat in the employee lot for 3 days then was driven home. I  found what
looked to be a piece of yellow tape about 3 " square that was  laying below the
drain It had jellied fuel and stale old fuel stink. Maybe it  was a factory
thing that never was removed and the fuel finally made it come  off and then
all the old fuel was able to drain. I cleaned the area and put a  piece of clean
cardboard down to see if it leaks any more. All fuel lines look  good. I
thought ours where OK just the urS4 and urS6 had line issues. I will  give it a
run and see how it goes.Thanks for the  input................RRF

I checked.  If you open the passenger's side door, you'll see the  white
drain hose for the sunroof.  The charcoal canister is located right  in front of
that behind the fender liner, with a black drain hose off the  bottom.  If the
canister gets a slug of fuel (or condensation/water) that  allows it to drain.
 You might have seen it drain because it was in a  relatively warm garage and
the fuel vapor in the tank expanded.
The fuel line above by the filter does occasionally fail on the 200q,
especially noticeable when cold.

Chris  Miller, Bolton MA USA, c1j1miller at aol.com
'91 200q20v ==>  http://members.aol.com/c1j1miller/index.html