broken alternator belt

Rbade12 at Rbade12 at
Sat Feb 21 14:20:57 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/21/2004 11:41:03 AM Central Standard Time,
MTrank at writes:
  A few basic questions:  Is there
any problem driving it a couple of miles down the road to my mechanic?  How
difficult a job is it to replace the belt?  Should I replace all v-belts at
the same time?
There is no problem driving on the battery long as the battery has
enough juice left. If you have a charger, give the battery a charge prior to
going, otherwise just go at a time when you don't need lights, heat, etc. and
you should make it.

The belt is not real tough to replace, not real easy either. Gotta get under
the car, one [among others] tough-to-reach bolt to depends on
your mechanical apptitude and will. If you don't know the ages of the other
belts, they should be replaced.

Good luck!

Bob 91 200q20v   91k