Removing Front Door Panels

Ingo D. Rautenberg ingo at
Fri Jan 2 09:53:51 EST 2004

You've received good info on the front door panels.  More visuals here:

As to the rears, I didn't have any problems replacing mine and removing the
nuts from underneath on both rear speakers on my V8 (same procedure as
200q20v).  On mom's car I went through the top, which really opens up a can
of worms in that:

a) speaker grills are (can be) brittle, which means at least one (quite
possibly two) of the mounting tabs will break as you twist to remove, no
matter how careful you are and may necessitate the use of contact cement

b) removing the top nuts is  a major pain (you'll still have to remove the
bottom ones later and reinstall the top ones again when installation time
comes.  Plus you may want to remove the headrests to make more room (another
pain).  Not necessary.

'91 200q20v...Slightly modified
'84 Tornado Red Urquattro
'91 v8 quattro 5-Speed (not exactly stock) :-)

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (