Lower control arm ball joint boots [type 44]

Ben Swann benswann at comcast.net
Mon Jan 5 11:11:06 EST 2004

I though they were.  I had posted the same question sometime back, re. balljoint boots for the 4kqs - not available, but the Type 44 ones were from the dealer.

You may want to double check at the dealer.

Agree with Ingo on the other point though - if you have worn bushings. then replace the entire control arm.  thepartsconnection had them.


From: "Ingo Rautenberg" <IRautenberg at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Lower control arm ball joint boots
To: "Chuck Pierce" <cpcycle at earthlink.net>, "200 list"
<200q20v at www.audifans.com>
Message-ID: <003001c3d380$e0051550$b5b62944 at home>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"


The boots are still not available separately AFAIK.  In this instance I'd
just replace the entire control arms and be done with it.  Plus you'll have
saved the hassle of pressing out the old inner bushings and pressing in the
new ones :-)


More information about the 200q20v mailing list